Dr. YiDing Yu, founder and CEO of Twiage, has been selected as one of 10 members on the Technical Expert Panel (TEP) for EMS Agenda 2050, a two-year initiative that strives to determine and plan for the growing role of EMS in our country over the next three decades. As a member of the panel, Dr. Yu will pay a pivotal role in shaping an Agenda for the Future that focuses on the integration of emergency care within the greater healthcare environment. The TEP will work closely with members of the emergency care and healthcare communities to gather their suggestions and build a foundation for this Agenda before facilitating wider-community meetings for further feedback.
Dr. Yu was selected for the TEP not only for her expertise in Population Medicine and training in Primary Care, but also for her ability to think outside the box in regards to improving patient and provider experience across the healthcare field. She will be collaborating with a geographically diverse group of thought leaders who each bring unique perspectives for the future.
- Derek Bergsten, MPA, CFO, CEMSO, MIFIreE, Fire Chief, Rockford (Illinois) Fire Department
- Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, FAEP, FAEMS, Medical Director, Los Angeles County EMS Agency
- Andy Gienapp, MS, NRP, Manager, Wyoming Office of EMS, Wyoming Department of Health
- Alexander Isakov, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAEMS, Professor of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine (Atlanta, GA)
- William Leggio, EdD, NRP, Paramedic Program Coordinator and Clinical Faculty, Creighton University (Omaha, NE)
- Grace Mandel, MPH, EMT, Project Manager, Baltimore City Department of Health
- Kevin G. Munjal, MD, MPH, MSCR, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, NY)
- Kyra Neeley, M.Ed., EMT-P, Lieutenant, Fire Commissioner Liaison, Fire Department of New York EMS (New York, NY)
- Ernesto Rodriguez, MA, EMT-P, Chief, Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services (Austin, TX)
- YiDing Yu, MD, Founder and CEO, Twiage; Instructor, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA)
Twiage is an advanced prehospital platform that uses best-in-class security technology to put telemedicine at the fingertips of first responders. Twiage on a smartphone allows paramedics to send real-time patient alerts to the hospital with HIPAA-compliant photos, videos, and EKGs, so hospital teams are always prepared for your arrival. This results in reduced turnaround time, allowing responders to get back out on the road more quickly. For more information on Twiage, please visit twiagemed.com.
EMS Agenda 2050 is being supported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of EMS, the EMS for Children Program at the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Homeland Security Office of Health Affairs. For more information on EMS Agenda 2050, please visit emsagenda2050.org or read their press release.
What do you believe the future holds for EMS? What can we do to improve the safety of patients and EMS providers? We want to hear from you and amplify your voice to the EMS 2050 community! Contact Dr. Yu at [email protected].